Friday, October 12, 2012

Current thoughts on The New iPad

After having used a new iPad for several months, I have a couple of comments:

  • I love the camera.  The picture and video quality are incredible.
  • I use a case with a bluetooth keyboard.  It's not perfect, but it does help when I need to type more than a few words.
  • Do not update to iOS6.  I miss Google Maps, especially because Apple Maps does not include a street view.  Also, some of the bridges in the town where I work look like they have just survived an earthquake.  Kinda funny . . .
  • I'm experiencing a problem with battery life.  I haven't had time to troubleshoot much, but I never experience a similar problem my 1st generation iPad, one that I still use.

Should you buy an iPad?  With rumors of the iPad Mini as well as the good reports from a number of Android tablets, it might be a good idea to spend time investigating your options before making a commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment